Free Samsung T7 Touch SSD Software privacy question

MaxiBelas

Sep 2, 2021
USA
I have a Samsung T7 Touch SSD. I like to use it with encryption-options that came with it (fingerprint). For that I need to use their Portable SSD software. When I read the privacy statement, I was put off. The privacystatement says “Samsung collects the following personal information of you when you use the SW: Required Information: IP address, OS, OS language and information on the Portable SSD (Portable SSD SW version, Portable SSD Model name, Portable SSD F/W version, Portable SSD serial number, Portable SSD security mode)”
This is quite a lot IMHO. Basically it means they could (I am not saying they do, but they could) collect the entire content of the drive. So I removed the software of my computer, formatted the drive again and started using the drive unencrypted, thinking I would encrypt it later with Veracrypt. Then I started reading about Veracrypt and SSD’s and thought that might not work that well.
So I am tempted to use the Portable SSD software and the fingerprint options, albeit reluctantly. I have some questions though. In order to use the software I will have to format the drive again, install the Portable SSD software on my computer and setup the password an fingerprint. I am thinking this would not cause a major privacy-risk because the drive at that point is empty, so probably the only thing they can collect is the firmware that is on the drive (and IP, which I still not like ofcourse). If I then remove the software afterwards (and store the password somewhere safe, ie in a password manager) and then fill the drive with my data; is this the most secure way to use the T7 Touch? Or does someone have a better suggestion?