Chimera A047M U5 Test Point Problem

Chimera Tool

dmonsta86

Nov 13, 2021
Mexicvo
When the phone is connected via test point, it detects as "unknown usb device", device descriptor failed. However, in download mode or normal mode the phone detects perfectly fine. Did samsung disable the test point on this model in the newer binary? or am i missing a step? I tried with battery connected, unconnected, tried different computers, different USB cables. nothing makes it properly detect with TP. Any advice?

ChimeraTool

Product Manager
Apr 6, 2021
Slovakia
When the phone is connected via test point, it detects as "unknown usb device", device descriptor failed. However, in download mode or normal mode the phone detects perfectly fine. Did samsung disable the test point on this model in the newer binary? or am i missing a step? I tried with battery connected, unconnected, tried different computers, different USB cables. nothing makes it properly detect with TP. Any advice?
Dear User,

No, Samsung did not disable anything, please try it on a different computer.

Best Regards,
ChimeraTeam

dmonsta86

Nov 13, 2021
Mexicvo
Dear User,

No, Samsung did not disable anything, please try it on a different computer.

Best Regards,
ChimeraTeam
I tried on a different computer and it does the same. I also got another phone with the same problem, An A145M U4. Some phones seem to do it and you cant undo it. Phone detects fine in download mode or normal mode, unknown device when it is in test point. Both of them have MDM/KG locked so could be related to that.